This blog is the story of taking a 10 year old Twike that has been setting idle in a backyard in Portland, Oregon and restoring it to is former glory and getting it back on the road. It is Twike number 434.
In the last two days, I have battery tab welded 600 cells into 5 cell groups. The 5 cell groups need to be arranged cell end to end and shrink wrapped. I will do some basic testing to catch any bad cells before going farther. Then, 4 sticks make up one group of cells and I need 14 groups for each pack (560 cells total for the two packs). Once I have that done and two working BMS boards, the Twike will be back on the road. I decided to stop trying to fix the bad BMS boards and just order two new ones from Germany. I'm expecting them shortly. The cells are the "no longer made" SANYO CP-3600CR. I found a place to buy most of their remaining stock for about half of what digikey wants.